Summary: Everything has its season, right? There’s a certain season for picking Strawberries and a certain season for holiday shopping (though, the retail chains might expand that season a little bit every year). In many ways, the same is true of plastic and cosmetic surgery: every procedure has its ideal season, depending on the patient.
Looking at the Best Plastic Surgery Procedures for Fall
This has always been my favorite time of year. The leaves are turning different colors, the breeze has a crisp stiffness to it, and the sun is setting a little earlier every day. Fall is upon us—if you’re lucky enough to live in a place which experiences four seasons. In any case, it’s not uncommon for some kind of weather shift to happen around this time of year.
And with that weather change comes a good opportunity to discuss the fall’s fashion in plastic surgery. It’s true that in fashion, every season brings about a change in wardrobe (or at least in style). Part of that is functional and part of that is aesthetic. The same is mostly true of plastic surgery procedures.
I know that may, at first, sound a little silly: how can one season be better than another for plastic surgery. It’s basically the same all year round. And that’s true—but there are other factors to consider. So let’s take a look at some of the best plastic surgery procedures for fall.
Thinking Long Term
In many ways, Autumn is a great time to start thinking about summer. That doesn’t sound quite right, does it? Summer is a time for bathing suits and trips to the beach—and fall is the time for bundling up next to the fireplace. But it makes sense if you think about it because there are many procedures that take some time to reach peak results.
Let’s take a look at a few:
- Tummy Tuck: This is one of the most popular procedure for summer because many patients want the belly to be nice and tight before you hit the beach! Fall is a great time to get a tummy tuck because it gives you plenty of time to recover before you have to put that bikini on.
- Liposuction: Carrying around extra weight in the summer months can mean extra sweat! Getting a liposuction in the fall means that, by the time summer rolls around, you’re ready and raring to go!
- Breast Augmentation or Breast Lift: Both of these procedures require a few days off of work to recover from. Fall provides an excellent cover because it’s easy enough to tell your work that you’ll be sick for a few days (you probably don’t want to phrase it that way) with a cold.
Those procedures are great because you can get them done in the fall and enjoy the results fully in the summer. But what about results you can enjoy right now, in the fall?
There are indeed a few procedures that you can get right away that are pretty popular with patients. These procedures will generate almost instant results (this makes them popular with teachers, who are often wanting a quick pick me up at this time of year). So let’s take a look at some procedures that can make in impact now rather than later. Unsurprisingly, many of these procedures are non-invasive or non-surgical.
- Botox: This injectable is great at getting rid of lines and wrinkles. But there’s also some evidence to suggest it can help combat clinical depression. With winter (a notoriously difficult month for those suffering from depression) right around the corner, fall can be a great time for Botox.
- Non Surgical Nose Job: It’s true, you can change your nose without really needing surgery. This nose job alternative (started in Los Angeles) is a great way to get the nose you want and be able to show off your results. This is great for autumn if for no other reason that, with everything else covered up, people will pay a lot more attention to your face.
- Dermal Fillers: This is another way to eliminate lines and wrinkles and make yourself look a little more youthful. Dermal fillers will actually work by injecting volume beneath your skin (this functions in a way that’s different from Botox). You’ll want to consult with your surgeon about which option is the best for you.
As ever, there are still more procedures that can help you look great (and feel great) in short order.
A Time for Change
I like thinking about this because fall, as ever, strikes me as a kind of time for change and transition. It’s when you move from Middle School to High School. From home to college. It can also be when you move from wrinkles to, well, fewer wrinkles. Embrace this time of change, if you wish. Fall is here, and it’s a great time for plastic surgery.