Summary: Because of the events in Rio, we’re feeling a little competitive. So we thought it might be kind of fun to take a look at some of the most popular plastic surgery procedures out there today and put them head to head. We’re staging our own little plastic surgery competition!
What’s the Best Plastic Surgery Procedure?
The Olympic games have gotten underway in Rio. There’s plenty of fierce competition by devoted athletes happening. In the end, there will be medals, winners, losers (people who win less?), and so on. It’s an exciting time and it kind of brings the world together. So we thought we’d do the same thing for some of our plastic surgery procedures! What’s the best plastic surgery procedure out there?
To start off, we will need to emphasize that this isn’t a competition. I mean, it is a competition, but it’s one of those competitions that is all in good fun. When it comes right down to it, there is no “best” plastic surgery procedure. There is only what is best for an individual patient. Determining what is the best fit for each individual patient requires knowing what the desired final outcome is.
In other words, there it’s more about finding the best fit than it is about finding the best procedure. But having said that, let’s let our competition begin!
Category: Body Contouring
Body contouring is an exceptionally popular category of plastic surgery. There are two procedures that really stand out from the rest:
- Second Place: Tummy Tuck — This procedure is designed to minimize excess tissue around the belly area. This tissue can develop for all kinds of reasons (pregnancy being chief among them). The end result is a belly that look more tight and more youthful.
- First Place: Brazilian Butt Lift — There are probably more Tummy Tucks performed every year than Butt Lifts. Butt Lifts, however, are growing ever more popular so quickly! With this procedure, fat is taken from one area of the body and placed someplace a little more appropriate: the buttocks. This makes for a significantly rounder, larger, and more contoured buttocks area. You can see why this procedure is popular!
Category: Breast Procedures
Body contouring isn’t the only popular grouping of plastic surgery procedures on the market today. In fact, breast procedures are among the most commonly asked for plastic surgery procedures—and for good reason. They can lead to an increase in confidence and self-esteem (not to mention a slew of other excellent benefits). So which procedure comes out on top?
- Second Place: Breast Lift — This procedure has been steadily growing in popularity since its introduction. Breast lifts are incredibly common because they, essentially, reset the breasts to a more youthful appearance. This means that they end up firmer, perkier, and in many cases a little bit lighter. A breast lift will remove excess tissue and change the orientation of the breasts to a more youthful position.
- First Place: Breast Augmentation — Still the champion, breast augmentation has been at the top of this particular mountain for quite some time, and it shows no signs of going anywhere soon. Breast augmentation is one of the most popular procedures on the market today. According to the website of the Houston breast augmentation surgeons at South Shore Plastic Surgery, patients typically have a choice between saline and silicone implants (with silicone by far being the more popular option). The recovery is relatively minimal, meaning that patients can enjoy their larger or more proportional breasts quite quickly!
Category: Facial Procedures
The human face is an interesting thing and, in some ways, a focal point for aging. It’s no wonder, then, that many people invest in plastic surgery procedures that are designed to make them appear more youthful.
- Second Place: Facelift — When you have a multitude of wrinkles and lines showing on your face, sometimes the best solution is a surgical procedure known as a facelift. This procedure will eliminate unwanted excess skin and smooth out those wrinkles so you look more youthful.
- First Place: Botox — This injectable could easily be the champion of all plastic surgery everywhere. Most exceptionally popular procedures are performed roughly 200,000 times in the United States every year. There are millions of Botox patients every year. Clearly, Botox is the champion just in terms of popularity alone. A few quick injections will get rid of certain groups of lines and wrinkles.
Find Your Personal Champion
As we mentioned above, when it gets right down to it, there is no ultimate number one procedure of all time for every one. It will depend on what you want and how you want to get there. Every body is different, so it takes many types of procedures to get great results. Find the procedure that’s first place to you!