Body Contouring Cost
How Much Does Body Contouring Surgery Cost?
Many patients want to change the way that their bodies look. These procedures are generally referred to as “body contouring.” Sometimes by eliminating fat, other time by eliminating excess tissue, these procedures focus on giving patients bodies that will help them feel youthful, fit, and slim. For many patients, the cost of body contouring procedures can be a large point of concern. Sometimes, if they come after a bariatric procedure, these surgeries can be covered by medical insurance. But this isn’t always the case, so it’s important to discuss your options with your plastic surgeon.
Making it even more difficult to gage a price accurately, there are a wide variety of body contouring procedures available to patients today. Some of these are purely elective, while others have a reconstruction element to them. The most popular body contouring procedures are generally liposuction and tummy tuck procedures, though patients who have undergone a substantial weight loss will often choose to undergo a procedure known as “body contouring after weight loss”—the name is, of course, descriptive. The costs of these procedures vary, of course, but knowing the cost is certainly one way to get a feeling for whether a procedure might be right for you.
What is the Cost of a Liposuction Procedure?
Liposuction procedures are designed to remove unwanted areas of fat. A surgeon will make a small incision, insert a tiny tube called cannula, and, essentially “suck” out the unwanted fat. It’s worth noting that, while it is minimally invasive, this procedure can still require a significant recovery period. This procedure can be performed almost anywhere on the body where there is excess fat, making it difficult to accurately estimate the cost of the procedure. However, in general, the average cost of liposuction is around $3000.00.
The cost of this procedure will vary based on the following criteria:
- Location of the liposuction procedure: Some areas of the body simply require more work than others
- The desired final result: If you require several liposuction procedures to generate your desired final results, the cost will of course increase
- Recovery time: Liposuction necessitates some time spent recovery, and this may impact your wages depending on your employer’s benefits package
- Hospital Fees: If you have your procedure performed in a hospital or a surgical suite, there may be additional fees involved
To learn more about the costs of liposuction procedures, contact a highly qualified plastic surgeon and schedule a consultation.
What is the Cost of a Tummy Tuck Procedure?
Tummy tuck procedures are designed to reduce the amount of excess tissue around the belly area. This excess tissue can develop for a wide variety of reasons—mostly due to the fact that skin loses elasticity, so the rigors of life tend to easily stretch it out: pregnancy, weight gain, weight loss, and so on. Once it stretches, it won’t be bouncing back. No amount of diet or exercise can eliminate this excess skin, so surgeons use a technique by which they can eliminate the excess tissue and restore some rigidity to the abdomen. The cost of a tummy tuck procedure averages $5500.00.
As with other procedures, there are some factors that can cause the price of tummy tuck procedures to vary. Those factors may include:
- Where you live: Different areas of the nation have different competitive rates for plastic surgery; this can greatly affect the overall cost of your tummy tuck procedure
- Extent of the work: Just how much you want your tummy tuck to accomplish can impact the overall price
- Recovery time: When it comes to tummy tuck procedures, it’s important to take recovery time seriously; this means taking adequate time off of work
- Pain management: There are several options for pain management after a tummy tuck, including a pain pump or an injection of a numbing agent, each of which has its own associated cost
- Hospital fees: Because tummy tuck procedures are performed in a hospital setting, these fees can greatly impact your overall cost
- Anesthesia: As with many plastic surgery procedures, anesthesia costs are usually additional
To learn more about tummy tuck procedures, be sure to check out our extensive library of articles.
What is the Cost of a Body Contouring After Weight Loss Procedure?
Body contouring after a massive weight loss can be an expensive procedure. Some estimates have the costs of body contouring after weight loss at nearly $30,000. This is, of course, a highly variable number. And, in some cases, medical insurance will cover the cost of a body lift after a massive weight loss, especially if your insurance covered the bariatric surgery in the first place.
Perhaps much more so than other procedures, there are some variables that will affect the overall cost of body contouring after weight loss procedures. Those variables include the following:
- The extent of the procedure: body lift procedures can cover a wide area, from legs to arms to the waist and the rest of the body; how much surface area your body lift covers will greatly impact the overall cost
- Hospital time: Many body lift procedures require extended hospital time (a day or two), and there can be an additional cost because of this
- Anesthesia: Body lift procedures are performed under general anesthesia, and this can mean additional costs
- Regional variability: Some areas have lower surgery costs than others
To find out more about the costs of your body lift procedure, you should consult with your plastic surgeon.
There Are Affordable Body Contouring Options
Plastic and cosmetic surgeons will often make financing options available to body contouring patients. It’s important to discuss all of your body contouring options with your plastic surgeon during your consultation and to keep the lines of communication open throughout the process.
To learn more about these procedures, consider looking through our extensive body contouring article collection.