Facial Surgery Cost
How Much Does Face Surgery Cost?
Plastic surgery of the face is generally performed in order to make the patient look more youthful overall. This can be accomplished through a wide variety of plastic surgery procedures, from rhinoplasty to blepharoplasty to facelifts and neck lifts. And, of course, there’s everything else in between. These procedures are great when it comes to helping patients achieve the overall look they’re after. And we go into more depth with those procedures elsewhere on our website. One recurring question about facial plastic surgery, however, is pretty simple: how much does facial plastic surgery cost?
This is a pertinent question for a number of reasons. First and foremost, when it comes to facial plastic surgery, there are some procedures which may be covered by insurance. This is especially true in cases where you are repairing a deviated septum or a broken nose, for example. In other cases, patients will be expected to cover full costs out of pocket. Most surgeons provide financing options, of course, and patients are encouraged to check with those surgeons in order to find out what those options may be. Still, it is certainly helpful for patients to know how much they’re going to be expected to pay for a facelift or a nose job.
What is the Cost of a Facelift?
As one of those facial plastic surgery procedures that is almost purely aesthetic, most patients will need to be prepared to pay for their facelift procedures out of pocket or with financial assistance. According to the latest data from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the cost of a facelift procedure averages around $6550.00. Of course, that number will vary wildly depending on several factors. Among those factors are the following:
- Possible complications
- Desired final results
- The depth of the procedure—that is, how extensive the facelift itself will be
- The inclusion of other procedures, such as blepharoplasty or neck lift procedures
- The addition of anesthesia or hospital time
Your plastic surgeon will likely be able to give you a much more accurate estimate, but that number is a fair starting point when it comes to figuring out how much your facelift is going to cost overall.
What is the Cost of a Blepharoplasty?
An eyelid lift is sometimes a very necessary procedure. As the tissue collects around the eye, it can block your vision. In these cases, especially, your medical insurance may cover a portion of your blepharoplasty procedure. However, if you are electing to undergo an eyelid lift for purely cosmetic reasons, that may not be the case, and you may be required to pay for the entire procedure. The cost of a blepharoplasty procedure averages between $2100 and $3000, depending on a wide variety of criteria. Your blepharoplasty cost may depend on the following:
- Upper lid or lower lid: generally the upper lid is several hundred dollars more expensive, as there is more skin to remove
- Laser or scalpel: Laser blepharoplasty can average over $3000 for the cost of the procedure, where traditional, scalpel version of the procedure are generally less expensive
- Setting: sometimes, having an eyelid lift performed in a hospital setting can increase the costs, though sometimes this is the only option (and very much depends on your individual situation and desired outcome)
- Anesthesia: The cost of your blepharoplasty (or eyelid lift) will certainly depend on the anesthesia used, as this is almost never included in the “cost of the procedure” that is reported
There are always other factors that may influence the cost of your eyelid lift procedure. Be sure to check with your cosmetic surgeon or plastic surgeon to get an accurate estimate of what your eyelid lift will cost.
What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, or nose job, procedures are incredibly popular, and many times the costs of these procedures can be covered by medical insurance. This is especially true if you are undergoing a rhinoplasty in order to correct a deviated septum or a broken nose (or both). In those cases, you will want to consult with your insurance company. In cosmetic cases, the average cost of a rhinoplasty procedure sits around $4700.00 This number is incredibly fluid, and there are some things that can move it in one direction or another, including the following:
- Geography can have a large impact on the overall cost of plastic surgery
- The extent of the rhinoplasty procedure (how complex the procedure is) can impact the cost
- Whether the procedure is cosmetic or reconstructive, or both, will also impact the overall cost
- In general, anesthesia is not included in most cost estimates, mostly because those costs will vary so much from patient to patient
- Your recovery, including the speed of that recovery and the severity of any complications, will also impact your overall cost
Rhinoplasty costs can vary widely from patient to patient. The best way to get an accurate assessment of how much your procedure will cost is to talk to your plastic surgeon.
Facial Plastic Surgery is Worth It
The overall consensus from patients, however, is that facial plastic surgery is certainly worth these costs. Patients often feel a boost of confidence and self-esteem after a facial plastic surgery procedure, and the financial costs can, in many cases, be paid off slowly over time. This makes facial plastic surgery a popular option for patients who wish to feel more youthful, more vibrant, and more radiant.
If you are interested in facial plastic surgery procedures, and you would like to know more about them, be sure to discuss your desired transformation with a highly-qualified facial plastic surgeon. Most surgeons offer complimentary consultations so you can discuss what you hope to accomplish and, of course, the best way to handle those facial plastic surgery costs.
Contact a plastic surgeon today to schedule a confidential consultation and get started on your transformation. If you’d like to know more about these procedures, consult our library of facial plastic surgery articles in our articles section.